The Alabama Robotic Technology Park will host the National Robotic Arc Welding Conference High School Day on Monday, April 11, 2016. Normally, $95 per student/per day, but thanks to the generosity of the D16 Board of the American Welding Society, they are waiving the fee and students will be invited to attend at no cost on April 11, 2016.
The event will be a great learning experience for students and will work to promote welding as an important and in-demand part of today's competitive job market.
Students will be able to:
- Engage and discuss pertinent welding applications with the area's foremost welding professionals and factory reps.
- Expand their knowledge of current welding procedures, applications and practices
- Find out the current state of industrial welding careers and requirements
- Learn about student scholarship opportunities
- Get practical answers to questions related to welding processes and techniques
- See and try out welding machines based on the latest technology
- Live demonstrations of various welding testing procedures
- Open discussion/question and answer - Talk with the experts.