The Research and Development Center
The Research and Development Center is comprised of four (4) client suites. Each suite is finished with the necessary infrastructure including internet access, phones, restrooms, and environmental controls. Each suite has raised access flooring in sectional panels, a common high bay with two large roll-up doors that allow access to the 0.9 mile outdoor test track.
- Clients are encouraged to employ/utilize interns and coop students from colleges and universities
- The only cost to clients will be a pro-rated share of utilities consumed. The suite, infrastructure and test tracks are at NO COST to the client.
USE OF BUILDING
Alabama companies or affiliates may apply for a suite based on a very specific set of criteria. To apply for a suite in the facility you must complete an application followed by a review process.
For an applicant to be considered for the use of The Advanced Technology Research and Development Center, they must meet certain minimum criteria. The applicant must be a Research and Development Project. It also must have a documented, approved funding source. If you meet the criteria and wish to apply for use of this facility, please register as a RTP client and request a "RTP Phase 2 Tenant Application".
- The building is used by public and private entities that are engaged in research and development of robot/automation technologies
- Two-year and four-year co-op students and interns will be trained in this facility, as well as the employees and staff of tenant entities
- Compresed air
- Four-6,000 sq-feet control rooms/suites
- High bay space
- Storage areas with security cameras
- Large roll-up door
- Carport/shed with plug-ups for vehicle information
- Outdoor test/obstacle track with observation tower for guests, space to get vehicle speed up to 40mph, and fencing on perimeter
- Opportunities for co-op students and internships