RTP Policy permits groups to use the RTP facilities only for educational, business, and industrial activities. Therefore, individual users and uses of a private and personal nature are NOT permitted. Accordingly, by way of example and not limitation, RTP facilities will not be permitted for events such as family reunions; birthday, anniversary or graduation parties; bridal or baby showers; wedding or wedding receptions; retirement receptions or garage sales.
A Proposed Event Should....
- Support Economic Development/Workforce Development Activities
- Support the training programs and mission of the RTP.
- Advance the interests of the RTP.
- Benefit trainee/students at the RTP.
- Promote the general visibility of the RTP, bringing favorable notice or publicity.
- Promote the relationship of the RTP with existing and potential vendors, customers, industries, businesses, and trainees.
- Provide opportunity for community outreach.
- Represent an opportunity for business and industrial enhancement.
Rules & Regulations
Applicant/Organization is responsible for the safety and conduct of its participants and spectators.
- The applicant must provide satisfactory and adequate adult supervision.
- All events will be required to meet the occupancy load and fire and safety regulations of Limestone County and the State of Alabama.
- Use of alcohol, tobacool, and/or drugs is prohibited on RTP grounds and are defined by law.
- Firearms or other dangerous weapons are prohibited on RTP grounds and are defined by law.
- Games of change, lotteries, and giving of door prizes are not allowed except where permitted by law and then only with proper clearances
- Access to facilities and services, except as otherwise addressed in these rules, shall be limited to that specific on the application.
- Alterations to the facility are prohibited without prior approval. This may include such things are hanging signs, using tape on walls, thumbtacks, moving furniture, etc. NOTE: The auditorium, Upstairs Presentation Room, and the Conferece Room located downstairs must be used as they are. No additional furniture is to be moved into these areas and no existing furniture can be rearranged without prior approval by the RTP facility administrator.
- State-owned equipment shall not be removed from the facility or loaned to any individual or organization unless prior approval by the state has been granted. Groups or individuals cannot use state-owned expendable supplies.
- Applicants are responsible for special set-up requirements and clean up of the spaces that are used. Users shall be responsible for returning the facility to its original condition immediately following the event. Applicants are responsible for removing all trash from the rooms and placing trash in bins located behind The Robotics Maintenance Training Center.
- The applicant/organization shall not practice discrimination of any kind.
- Cancellations by applicants require at least a 24-hour notice. Failure to notify RTP of a cancellation may result in the loss of usage of facility for six (6) months.
- Facility use is cancelled when the facility/building is closed due to an emergency.
- The RTP reserves the right to refuse or revoke any authorization issued for the use of facility or grounds.