Company Registration Process
In order to receive the training services that we provide, a company must complete the online registration form, ensuring that they follow the established criteria. The registration process will assist to open the door to automation and robotics training designed to meet or exceed the needs of Alabama industry and it's affiliates at the Alabama Robotics Technology Park (RTP). Once a company is registered as a client, they will have access to our course catalog and also have the ability to register for available courses.
The criteria for being a client of RTP are as follows:
- A client must be an "Alabama Company". An "Alabama Company" is defined as a company that legally meets all state requirements and is engaged in manufacturing within the state.
- Alabama Company Affiliate: An "Alabama Company Affiliate" is a company physically located outside of Alabama that has a sister company located within the state and defined as an Alabama Company.
- Only Plant Manager, Superintendent, HR Manager, Training Manager, or Maintenance Manager can register the company and register students for training, unless prior approval from the RTP Robotics Manager. As a minimum, each company should designate a Company Official Contact Person and an alternate.
- ALL ALABAMA COMPANY AFFILIATES TRAINING MUST BE COORDINATED THROUGH THE ALABAMA COMPANY.
- RTP Confirmation of successful company/client registration via email or phone call within 5 working days (except during holidays).
- A company may only register once.
Course Offering Phase
All scheduled courses are offered at no cost (pending funding) for up to two years to Alabama Companies or their affiliate. The training will be offered on a first come/first serve basis. Company can only register a maximum of two trainees per course, per availability. It is the company official responsibility to insure that all prerequisites are met, in some instances, proof maybe required. Depending on the level (intermediate or advanced) of training, a trainee maybe required to demonstrate on-site (RTP) the basic skill level, prior to attending the class. In the event a class is filled to capacity, the RTP will enroll the trainee in the next available like/same training or reserve a seat for the company.
Course Cancellation and Substitution
The company may cancel it's course registration no later than 10 days prior to class by contacting the RTP. Substitutions are permitted up to 10 days prior to class by calling or emailing the RTP. There will be NO walk-in substitutions. Note: Because this training is offered at NO COST, if you do not cancel within 10 days prior to class start or attend the scheduled training, you will be removed from the training database.
Students are REQUIRED to wear work attire to attend class. Students are not allowed to wear tank tops, shorts, or open toe shoes to class under any circumstances. Student who do not comply with this rule will be excused from their class until the proper dress is worn. At that time, they will be readmitted to class.