The Alabama Robotics Technology Park is designed to close the skills gap within the robotics industry, while also ensuring that students obtain training on the latest robotic technology in the industry.
Siemens S7 Systems Tools & Troubleshooting
This Tools and Troubleshooting course teaches basic S7 system concept, hardware configuration and parameterization, S7 software (SIMATIC Manager) basics, and an overview of programming fundamentals. Human Machine Interface (HMI) and PROFIBUS DP basics are also included. Numerous hands-on exercises using a Totally Integrated Automation (TIA) plant model reinforce practical experience and theoretical knowledge. Topics PLC Hardware, Cabling and Configuration STEP7 and the SIMATIC Manager The STEP 7 Program Editor Binary and Digital Operations This is the Siemens S7 Tools & Troubleshooting level 1 class.
Upon completion of this course, the student shall be able to:
- Perform basic hardware assembly, cabling,wiring and testing.
- Establish PLC communication Use standard STEP7 tools and methods for testing and diagnosing hardware & software problems in a running program.
- Retrieve, Archive, and Download S7 programs.
- Perform startup procedures Configure and parameterize S7-300 Hardware utilizing S7 Software tools
- Configure and parameterize PROFIBUS DP
Basic computer skills are required. Windows 98, 2000, XP knowledge is preferred. Electrical Safety Knowledge is preferred.
Course Length4 days/32 hours
Min Attendee2 per company, per class