The Alabama Robotics Technology Park is designed to close the skills gap within the robotics industry, while also ensuring that students obtain training on the latest robotic technology in the industry.
Omron Sysmac Studio
Omron NJ Basic with Motion
This course will teach the configuration and programming of the controller and the configuration and programming of the built-in motion control capabilities of the NJ Series and NX Series Machine Automation Controller using Sysmac Studio’s integrated environment. Students will be introduced to the architecture of the NJ Series and NX Series Machine Automation Controllers and motion control configuration and commands, as well as the connection of servos to the EtherCAT network.
Upon completion of this class, the student should be able to:
- Understand the concepts and conventions of IEC 61131-3 compliant programming.
- Create a project for an NJ Series controller and download it to a CPU.
- Use the troubleshooting tools in the Sysmac Studio software to connect to a controller, monitor program operation, and troubleshoot control system errors.
- Create basic programs in ladder logic and structured text.
- Configure a NJ Series or NX Series controller with local I/O modules and EtherCAT network I/O.
- Configure the CPU’s built-in motion control settings.
- Attach Servos to EtherCAT and configure the network.
- Perform manual motion tasks, such as jogging.
- Configure and operate home positioning operation.
- Create a user program utilizing the built-in motion control function blocks.
This course is intended for engineers, programmers and maintenance personnel, who will be using the NJ Series or NX Series Machine Automation Controllers in their automated equipment.
Course Length4 days/32 hours