AIDT in Tanner, AL at the Alabama Robotics Technology Park (RTP) is seeking applicants for a full-time Welding Instructor / Military Transition Coordinator.
($55,661 – $72,928)
May 13, 2022
June 3, 2022
PROJECTED START DATE:
July 1, 2022
All resumes (mailed or electronic) must be received no later than 1:00 p.m. on June 3, 2022 to be considered.
Provide coordination and instruction for welding training at the Robotics Technology Park (RTP). This person will be responsible for helping with collaboration between soldiers looking to train in our programs in North Alabama, as well as maintain a database of skills learned, and maintain communication efforts for federal reporting. This person will be responsible for developing and training in industry needed areas related to welding with other related areas included as needed. This person will participate as a team member in the implementation of the Park’s mission, vision, and strategic plan in conjunction with the Executive Advisory Board, RTP staff, and AIDT Management.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works to enhance the role, scope, and mission of RTP. This will include working with vendors, education, community, industry, and military partners to implement training and education strategies related to industry needs in advanced manufacturing.
- Lead welding instructor for the service members as well as assisting with other classes along the way to broaden their knowledge.
- Works closely to ensure service members are trained and ready to go.
- Assists with selecting and screening military candidates, including military spouses and families, seeking to transition to civilian placement.
- Conducts basic intro to welding classes.
- Obtains and maintains industry credentials in vendor specific certifications as needed for welding.
- Develops a class schedule and administers course offerings.
- Maintains equipment in specified areas related to instruction area.
- Works with industry to maintain open lines of communication of needs and trends.
- Works with appropriate RTP staff to maintain inventory of tools, equipment, and supplies for troubleshooting, analysis, design, and program implementation.
- Assists with mobile training unit when needed.
- Performs all duties with a positive attitude; communicating professionally at all times to reflect a positive AIDT image.
- Works with RTP staff and AIDT Management directly to meet the needs of new and existing Alabama industry as it relates to technology training.
- Complies with all policies and procedures as set out in RTP Policy and AIDT Policy.
- Plans daily/weekly work schedule.
- Maintains housekeeping to organizational standards.
- Interacts professionally with company representatives, public officials, trainees, coworkers, and the general public.
- Ability to follow established laws, policies, and procedures.
- Ability to comply with all pertinent safety, environmental, and other local, state, and federal laws and regulations.
- Complies with RTP policy regarding attendance. Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of the job.
- Ability to work flexible hours based on program needs.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Skill in problem-solving techniques.
- Knowledge in maintaining, setting up, and using different weld equipment.
- Ability to interact and coordinate technical training with company officials, trainees, other service providers, staff, and the general public.
- Ability to follow established laws, policies, and procedures.
- Ability to comprehend and translate technical literature and processes.
- Skill in subjective and objective evaluations of people and projects.
- Ability to effectively present information to groups in a classroom, shop, or lab environment.
- Ability to travel overnight when needed.
- Ability to work flexible hours based on project needs.
- Ability to set and meet deadlines and handle multiple projects concurrently while being successful in all of them.
- Ability to function in an automated work environment.
- Ability to work in a constant state of awareness.
- Ability to function in a team-based environment.
- Ability to work independently, or as an effective member of a team.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
AIDT Policy Manual minimum qualifications of Salary Schedule C3-L are: Minimum two years’ experience in appropriate area of specialization; or two-year
degree in area of specialization and one year industry or industrial training experience in area of specialization.
Prior experience in one or more areas required: Aerospace, Defense, Manufacturing, Fabrication, Advanced Technology R&D, Welding, or Enterprise Development.
Certification in OSHA 10; Lock Out/Tag Out procedures, and forklift are required.
Preferred Minimum Qualifications
- Two-year associates degree with distinction in welding
- Strong visioning capability and commitment to mission.
- Instructor experience.
- Hands on experience with welding technology.
- Welding knowledge in GMAW / Mig; GTAW / Tig; FCAW / Flux Core and stick welding processes.
- Vast knowledge of ASC programs associated with Army community services.
Salary and General:
Initial placement will be based on experience and education applicable to the C3L salary schedule, within a range of $55,661– $72,928. Paid monthly. Excellent benefits package included.
Criminal Background Check:
The applicant chosen for employment will be required to sign a Criminal Background Check consent form and to submit a nonrefundable $24.61 payment for the cost of the criminal background check. (Note: $24.61 fee is based on possession of an Alabama Driver’s License. The fee for the background check may be more or less if the driver’s license is not an Alabama license.) Permanent employment will be contingent upon the results of the criminal background check.
Resumes received by mail or email after 1:00 p.m. on June 3, 2022, will not be considered for review.
Interviews are by appointment only. Successful applicants will be notified by email. If selected for an interview, applicants must travel at their own expense to the interview site. Male applicants between the ages of 18-26 must provide proof of Selective Service Registration when requested. Employment references may be requested during the application process.
Resumes will also be accepted by mail to the name/address below:
WELDING INSTRUCTOR/MILITARY TRANSITION COORDINATOR
ATTN: REGINALD TAYLOR
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS/HR
One Technology Court
Montgomery, AL 36116
AIDT is an equal opportunity employer. It is the official policy of AIDT that no person shall, on the grounds of race, color, disability, gender, religion, creed, national origin, or age, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program, activity, or employment. AIDT will make reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants or employees with a disability. AIDT reserves the rights to withdraw, modify, or extend this job announcement at any time prior to the awarding of the position.
AIDT participates in E-Verify, a Federal law that requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.